Friday, January 9, 2009

Waffles

I won't be able to make dinner tonight so I made these "famous" waffles. My sister-in-law, Courtney, made them on Christmas Morning for my parents and my Dad has raved about them ever since. Courtney sent me the recipe and I bought buttermilk yesterday after forgetting to get it at 2 store and the 3rd store was a charm! Here is the recipe:

4 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
milk

Mix eggs in blender until light. Mix dry ingredients together in separate bowl. Alternate adding dry ingredients and buttermilk to blender, ending with buttermilk. Add butter last. Add a splash of milk to thin the batter.

Here is the result (ignore the bad lighting!)

Yes, they are good! They are a light fluffy waffle and the best with homemade syrup! Yes, I make homemade syrup and my kids prefer it over store bought!
Thanks Court for the recipe...I hope it wasn't a secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment