Monday, January 12, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have always like to make cookies and decided we needed a little treat tonight. I swear I use the same recipe every time and the cookies turn out different every time! Tonight I did use my fabulous Baker's Flour from Big J Mill and Hunter was in LOVE with the cookies. His words "These are delicous chewy, gooeyness"

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 C Shortening
3/4 C Sugar
3/4 C Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
2 1/4 C Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 pkg Chocolate Chips

Mix together Shortening, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Eggs, Vanilla. Mix Flour, Baking Soda and Salt in a separate bowl (I don't really do this part I just add it all to the same mixing bowl because I don't have time to mix it separately and get another bowl dirty but the recipe says to so I will tell you to) and then add SLOWLY to bowl. Stir in Chocolate Chips (I use my mixer to mix them in but I am sure your not supposed to but it is easier and faster that way). Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes.

This time the cookies turned out flat and chewy...our favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment